• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 v.rooijen

v.rooijen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

I repeatitly run into the exception: "Size must be non-negative" at Visifire.Charts.ChartArea.RenderChart(Size remainingSizeAfterDrawingAxes, AxisRepresentations renderAxisType, Boolean isPartialUpdate)
I have my chart rendered in a small window and everything is ok. When I change some properties (dynamically) I run into this error.
This doesn't happen when I size the window to fit my screen (much bigger contentarea available for the chart).

#2 mac

mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

I have few queries regarding the issue.

1) Which version of Visifire you are using?
2) Whether you are working with Silverlight or WPF?

I have my chart rendered in a small window and everything is ok. When I change some properties (dynamically) I run into this error.

3) What was the exact size of chart?

#3 v.rooijen

v.rooijen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hello. I am using version 4.0.2.2 and see there is a newer version. I will try this out and will respond asap (read today) when the problem doesn't occur anymore.
I am working with both Silverlight and WPF, however the problem is occuring in WPF and am unable to currently test in Silverlight due to lack of dataprocessing in the test project
The window is 600x350, however, I test 3 charts stacked, so every chart would not be much bigger than 500x100

I have few queries regarding the issue.

1) Which version of Visifire you are using?
2) Whether you are working with Silverlight or WPF?

3) What was the exact size of chart?

#4 vivek

vivek

Advanced Member

• Team Visifire
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

Can you please share your code for the same so that we can reproduce the issue here.

Regards,
Vivek
Team Visifire

#5 v.rooijen

v.rooijen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Can you please share your code for the same so that we can reproduce the issue here.

I am very sorry. I was building a test project for you and noticed the exception did not occur. Then I found out "break on all exceptions" was turned on in visual studio. Turning this off will cause the program to run properly because the exceptions will be kind of swallowed. If you might need the example project I can stil provide it to you.
Please let me know

#6 vivek

vivek

Advanced Member

• Team Visifire
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

No need. We are handling those exceptions internally in Visifire. As "break on all exceptions" was turned on in Visual Studio which was causing the issue.

Regards,
Vivek
Team Visifire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users