#1 PasDuLac

PasDuLac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

Hello

I have a graph with 2 Y axes : left for a line graph, Right for a column Graph

I really would like Line behind Columns ? ? ?

I try different order ... stil 'wrong' for me ...

See image

I certainly miss something .. but what ? Where ? Why ? How ....

Still working strong and still highly appreciate how elegant is the rendering

(When it will be possible to OutPut in WMF format ? probably not the first to ask for it ... Is there a kind of timetable delevery for novelties ? )

Best regards !

Pascal

#2 PasDuLac

PasDuLac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

Gassssp !!!

Not BEHIND ... but Graph line in front of columns ... Columns must be behind

:-))

Pascal

Hello

I have a graph with 2 Y axes : left for a line graph, Right for a column Graph

I really would like Line behind Columns ? ? ?

I try different order ... stil 'wrong' for me ...

See image

I certainly miss something .. but what ? Where ? Why ? How ....

Still working strong and still highly appreciate how elegant is the rendering

(When it will be possible to OutPut in WMF format ? probably not the first to ask for it ... Is there a kind of timetable delevery for novelties ? )

Best regards !

Pascal

#3 shoaib

shoaib

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:23 AM

Pascal,

Try reversing the order of DataSeries. You can create column series before line series and check.

You cannot export chart to WMF format. Please check out the link below.
http://social.msdn.m...3-40206451dd90/

Regrads,
Shoaib

#4 PasDuLac

PasDuLac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:56 PM

Pascal,

Try reversing the order of DataSeries. You can create column series before line series and check.

You cannot export chart to WMF format. Please check out the link below.
http://social.msdn.m...3-40206451dd90/

Dear Shoaib

I know that VisiFire Can NOT export the very very very nice graph it can produce except on so bad type like JPG or BMP. (that is a real pity ! : to day I made a demo to a customer board ... they highly appreciate the look and feel .. when they ask me : no problem to export to Power Point ................................... hooola la ! ! if you have an HD screen, if you magnify your graph and export it ... it can be acceptable .. ). They have been totally disappointed by the fact your tool can not export to a vector base format.
I had exactly the same with a very nice grid (here also neat, clear, powerfull) but unable to export to XLs ( nor XLSX) ... just CSV => technical Knock Out !

My question was : when Visifire Will be able to export to WMF ... I can NOT imagine I am the first user to ask for such an export ?
A connected question : do you have some thing like a 'time table' (Road map ? in french : calendrier, planification, ordonnancements des ajouts venir)

For my question about line and bars I'll do the test but I probably did it ... But I use primary for one graph and secondary for the second. (and probably here is the issue)

I am very near to renew my license ... but a bit hesitating : no view at all to future enhancement (is there a place somewhere ?)

ANd when asking a question about WMF or EMF (vector graphics) you push me to a topic in the forum dated 2006 ???

Hope you will give me enough elements .

My opinion : One or one and a half year ago your product was very innovative and brilliant feeling but for my own usage (Windows forms) after one year i do not see clearly majors enhancements

Bests regards

Pascal

Regrads,
Shoaib

#5 vivek

vivek

Advanced Member

• Team Visifire
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:34 AM

Pascal,

There is no direct way to convert WPF control to WMF. But you can convert the chart into BMP first and then convert that BMP to WMF.

In this example, I am converting the chart to BMP and then BMP to WMF.

Example:

void MyChart1_MouseLeftButtonUp(object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
        {
            MyChart1.Export("d:\\VisifireImages\\Visifire", ExportType.Bmp);

System.Drawing.Bitmap bmp = new System.Drawing.Bitmap("d:\\VisifireImages\\Visifire.bmp");
            bmp.Save("d:\\VisifireImages\\TestPNG.wmf", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Wmf);
        }

For more info, please check the following link.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/wpf/thread/02cf4d5c-a35e-4a07-82c0-010d98b46f6c

Regards,
Vivek
Team Visifire

#6 PasDuLac

PasDuLac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

Dear Vivek

Your answer is perfectly correct for insane person ...

I bought for some roupies a very old car (an old Tata) . On a sticker I draw the Rolls Royce Logo and stick it on my Tata .... Whaouh !!!! I am driving a Rolls Royce Now !!!
I plan to sell it .. I'll be rich !

A true WMF is full of vectors !!!!! If you magnify any part ... The result will be neat and clear .
Because I am honest, i try your code ... If I magnify the WMF file produced ... the result is huggly so it is not a true WMF.

So please can you consider my simple question : When Visifire will be able to produce TRUE WMF (vector based) file ? .

Truely this is a very simple question .

I'll try also the Bars / Line issue to day

(bests) Regards

Pascal,

There is no direct way to convert WPF control to WMF. But you can convert the chart into BMP first and then convert that BMP to WMF.

In this example, I am converting the chart to BMP and then BMP to WMF.

Example:

void MyChart1_MouseLeftButtonUp(object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
        {
            MyChart1.Export("d:\\VisifireImages\\Visifire", ExportType.Bmp);

System.Drawing.Bitmap bmp = new System.Drawing.Bitmap("d:\\VisifireImages\\Visifire.bmp");
            bmp.Save("d:\\VisifireImages\\TestPNG.wmf", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Wmf);
        }

For more info, please check the following link.
http://social.msdn.m...c0-010d98b46f6c

#7 shoaib

shoaib

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

Pascal,

We have replied to your query in our Ticket System. We will continue the discussion there.

Regards,
Shoaib

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users