• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ancel

ancel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

Running into a situation where none of my SharePoint 2010 lists are populating when using the wizard to produce a chart webpart. There are no error messages or logs indicating why this is not working. Documentation implies this should just work without special configuration. Any idea what the problem could be?

#2 Eva

Eva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hi Ancel,

Which version of VfS (Visifire Charts for SharePoint) you are using? Can you make sure that current user has enough permission to access those SharePoint Lists?
Regards,
Eva

#3 ancel

ancel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Hi Ancel,

Which version of VfS (Visifire Charts for SharePoint) you are using? Can you make sure that current user has enough permission to access those SharePoint Lists?

I am using the most current version available on the site, which I believe is v1.0.2-0 trial. The user definitely has access since I actually had to navigate that very same structure to insert the web part page. I even did uninstalled and reinstalled the bits just in case something went sideways. Are there any logs generated during this configuration?

#4 sharmila

sharmila

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

Hi Ancel,

It will be great if we can meet in a desktop sharing session and look into the issue you are facing. Let us know your available timings. We will send you the meeting details accordingly.

Regards,
Sharmila

#5 Eva

Eva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hi Ancel,

Can you just try creating one new custom list in SharePoint. Then add data into it and then open chart designer and try to access that List?
Regards,
Eva

#6 Eva

Eva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

The issue has been fixed. Checkout the blog post here
Regards,
Eva

#7 maplebrook

maplebrook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:reading

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hi,
just some additional notes on this. after tinkering some more I found that it is only top site of the upgraded site collections where this does not work.I am looking to pull data for a Sql data base outside of share point's and populate a list in share point with that external data. Is there a way to do this in SharePoint designer or any other means??
Apartments in Grand Blanc MI

Find Apartments for Rent in Grand Blanc, MI, Beautifully finished apartments in Grand Blanc Visit us today! 810 223 0870

#8 sharmila

sharmila

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hi,

You can create Visifire Charts in SharePoint using SQL Data by using BCS (Business Connectivity Services) List as DataSource. First create BCS list from SQL table and then in SharePoint you can select DataSourceType as Business Connectivity Services in order to get Data. Please checkout the documentation provided below.

http://www.visifire....DataSource_.htm

Regards,
Sharmila

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users